This tutorial was inspired by Jamal's tutorial at http://www.boot-land.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=12813
1. Download BitDefender Rescue CD ISO file (bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso) from here (320MB)
2. Insert your USB stick (1GB or larger) into your Windows PC and run RMPrepUSB
2. Volume Name = BitDefender
3. OS = MSDOS
4. Filesystem = FAT32 + Boot as HDD
5. Copy OS files (leave unticked)
6. Click on Prepare Drive
3. Now click on Install grub4dos and answer No to use MBR question and OK to copy of grldr file
4. Copy over the ISO file you downloaded in step 1 to the USB drive
5. Use Notepad to create a menu.lst file on the USB drive as below
title BitDefender Rescue CD 2010
map /bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso (0xff)
kernel /casper/vmlinuz boot=casper persistent iso-scan/filename=/bitdefender-rescue-cd.iso
You should now have just three files on your USB drive - menu.lst, grldr and the iso file.
6. Restart your computer and boot from the USB drive to test it.
When BitDefender boots it will start to download the latest updates automatically.